Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Mason 365: Day 1

A friend from high school does this 365 Photo a Day Challenge where she takes a picture of something fun or beautiful or sweet or just an average part of life every single day for an entire year! She does a beautiful job for many reasons, not the least of which are that she has an awesome perspective on life and that she's a professional photographer. Although I know nothing about Instagram or Flickr or any other programs that is known to help photog-types enhance their craft and although I maintain a somewhat hopeless love/hate relationship with my cheap Samsung pocket camera from Walmart, I've decided to give it a try!

Her most recent 365 project focuses on the newest addition to her family, who is just a couple of months younger than ours, so I thought it would be fun to embrace that theme as well; following the little guy through his first year of development. Since I'm much more a writer than a photographer, I figured on utilizing the blogosphere for this project, allowing me to document my wee one's development through both language and visuals.

And so, without further ado, Cereal Mom Blog proudly presents:

Mason 365
And away we go...


The minute I snapped this one, I knew we had a winner!
I absolutely love it when the kids try to give Mason a kiss and he tries to kiss them back.
He usually misses (as evidenced by the photo) and ends up either kissing someone's nose or trying to suck on it.
The monkey in the foreground is Julianne waving the bouncer toy to try to get Mason's attention so I can take a good picture. Originally I was trying to get kind of an artsy photo of Mason behind the veil of the monkey toy, but I definitely prefer this one; nothing beats the love between new brothers. Julianne wasn't notified of the change.

Oh, and I have no idea what that silvery thing on the right is. Mason's guardian angel caught on film?
Or maybe just another example of my poor photography skills. Hold on tight folks. This could be a long, long year.



No comments:

Post a Comment