Thursday, March 28, 2013

Mason 365: Day 2

It's 3 AM and I Must Be Hungry
...and Teething

To be honest, it was probably closer to 5:15 when I took these. But I couldn't say for sure because I refuse to put in my contacts any earlier than I absolutely have to and there is not one clock on the first floor that I can read bare-eyed without standing on furniture or jamming my face into some radioactive green glare.

Let's just split the difference and call it about 4:07 & 1/2.

Baby Mason is truly an awesome sleeper, but pre-teething he slept 11 or 12 hours at night and occasionally added a two or three hour nap right in on top of that.
This gave me time to get whatever kids were off to school that morning up, ready and out the door without skipping any z's or sweet baby fun!
I got spoiled...
and along came teething, which snuck up from behind and turned my sometimes 10-noon sleeper into a semi-solid 9-5 with an all-expenses-paid trip downstairs every morning to avoid a tumultuous mass-waking of the rest of the family.
'So what's to complain about, you sorry wimpy excuse for a newborn mom?'
In Short: Nothing
Not One Thing
The first couple of nights were pretty rough. I've never really had a problem teether before.
I didn't even know most of the other kids were getting teeth until they broke through and bit me with one and most of my kids have slept through the night almost immediately, so having to get up 2, 3, 4 times with a 3-month-old and then care for four of them all day long was a pretty big shock to my system.
But, as with all big adjustments, we're starting to develop a rhythm and I'm loving the bright side:
For a mommy of four, private quiet time with baby is a massive luxury and if I have to steal mine by starting the day at 3 AM... or 4:07 1/2... or 5:15... or what have you, then so be it.
Sign me up and count me in for a lifetime supply of this:



I couldn't decide which one I liked best so I decided on a montage.
Fast asleep after breastfeeding on the sofa.
The angle was a little awkward (that's my blue shirt to the left of him), but the shots came out great!
*sigh... but for that darned camera strap shadow in the last one.

He's so precious when he's sleeping...
and when he's awake.



No comments:

Post a Comment