Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Mason 365: Day 28

"My kids have all been really awesome sleepers."
~Me after Baby Number 3



...fast forward a couple of years...


Baby Number 4
3 AM

(Karma finally shows up to kick me in the bum.)


This picture would be a lot prettier if I'd gotten my contacts in before I took it 
(or immediately afterwards.)
The well-trained eye may notice the spot where he's just lifted his head 
out of a pile of his own spit-up -
not to mention the mass quantities of green goop oozing endlessly from his tiny baby nostrils.



On the bright side...
Yeah, there is one! I know, right?
Looking at this photo reminded me of this:


Status Update
March 25, 2010
Courtesy of Facebook's Excellent Record-Keeping

"Andrea Washa just picked up Julianne whose entire face was covered in nose goop, drool, and puke and said to her, "You're so beautiful." Isn't love awesome? ♥"


Julianne, I readily admit, was the very definition of a truly excellent sleeper.
However, sitting up with her successor for varying nocturnal stretches over the past few weeks,
my partially-conscious brain has devised the following statement to describe my equal if incongruent love for the night-owl variety as well:

"You don't love bad sleepers less. You just love them earlier :)"


No comments:

Post a Comment