Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Mason 365: Day 7!

And On The Seventh Day...

Back when we had only one kid and a few extra dollars and we lived within reasonable proximity to other mammals that didn't moo, I used to take various baby socialization classes with Logan.
When he was right around the one year mark, we took a class at The Little Gym in McMurray.
I was pregnant with Julianne and one of the other moms who was there with her second child shared my love of super-amateur photography.
She had dedicated herself to taking at least one photograph a day of each of her two children.
She called them their "dailies."

My best habit is more of simultaneous than of daily photography. I'm pretty sure I don't take pictures of the kids every single day, but when I take a picture of one, I take a picture of the others as well. All at the same time. So at the end of the day (literally and figuratively) everyone has roughly the same amount of pictures. I observe this ritual in the hopes that one day when I'm 90 years old and nearly too tired to move, I'll hopefully not have to spend any of my remaining days getting dragged into my grandchild's therapy sessions to discuss how my youngest child (whomever that may turn out to be) felt ignored and neglected due to the extreme lack of photographic evidence of his/her childhood and subsequently went on to psychologically damage the next generation as well.
My fault entirely.
smh. I have too much guilt already.
(Witness my first ever use of smh! I am just too cool for words...
Get it? 'Cause I used letters instead? Too funny too :) )

But anyway, forget about that therapy stuff. Clearly I made it all up.
The truth is that basically I am just completely in love with any and all pictures of my kids.
(Aren't we all?)

So... since it is the proverbial "seventh day" of my "photography" project,
despite the fact that what I'm creating falls pretty far short of the great majesty
that is the creation of the universe,
I thought I'd go a little easy on myself and simply present to you - today's dailies.

Yes Sensei.
In reality, she's wearing the scarf of a very small plastic snowman on her head.
I like this one because it reminds me of one time when Logan was little and he put on one of my elastic headbands.
I told him it made him look just like Rambo.
When Zach walked in a few minutes later he announced excitedly, "Look Dad! I look just like Rainbow."
She's actually slightly closer to living up to the name of "Rainbow.".
His headband was black.

Today was a pajama party day at the Washa House.
Not enough clean laundry :)

The Star of Our Show: Baby Mason!
Is this kid adorable or what?

Looks like Corinne takes the loss in today's therapeutic lottery.
She's in a mood and so is my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment