Thursday, February 11, 2016

Challenge-A-Day Challenge #4: Taxting


Oh, but would you look at this?!

The very reason I spent 3 days cleaning out the filing cabinet!

Goodbye 2015 Tax Forms! You wasted 2+ hours of my life and I am certainly not going to miss you.


I picked a lucky day to file because, in addition to Avery's somewhat uncommon decision to sleep in, a large construction machine of some variety has chosen today to relocate the enormous piles of snow cluttering our roads and street corners via dump truck. Young Mason took note of this process during one of my many trips out to the car for misplaced paperwork, pulled the bathroom stepstool up to the door, and has been suitably occupied ever since.

I always try to get my taxes done "early" (whatever your definition of early may be) for refund reasons and also because I'm afraid if I don't get them done right away I'll suddenly wake up one day, realize it's April 16th, and have to deal with ensuing penalties or worse, IRS customer service employees.

Now if you'll excuse me, the thermometer outside reads a balmy five degrees and I believe I have earned myself a nice hot bowl of chicken noodle soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment