Thursday, February 18, 2016

Challenge-A-Day Challenge #11: Counter Offensive


Launching Counter #1 on 3...



Last night Zach made mention of scheduling the next Cub Scout meeting.

Inwardly, I cringed as my eyes involuntarily drifted toward my cluttered countertops.

For some brave young campers, the Cub Scout Motto seems read off a little something like this:

  • I promise to do my best
    To point out clutter in other peoples' kitchens,
    To personally disparage when necessary, and
    To ignore the Laws of Tact.


All in good fun, though, because to be fair they are absolutely spot on. My counters are out of control; bent on world domination and I swear that it will finally end here. If I haven't been spotted again by noon tomorrow, order the full on Counter Attack!

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

So here's the situation as it currently stands...


PROS:
Increased counter space.
50% larger dish drying area.

CONS:
This...

Pretty much everything that used to be on the counter - minus the laundry which is scheduled for immediate relocation.
I suspect this is going to become a multi-tiered project.
I'd like to fit a lot of this stuff into the cupboards, but I have to get them cleared out first which is a mighty big but to work with. I think the plan for the moment is to launch Counter Attack #2 tomorrow, continue to store all the overflow stuff on the Tall Table for the time being, and commence Covert Cupboard Assaults early next week.


One baby step forward, Two giant steps, one Brita pitcher and a few stylish cutting boards back.





No comments:

Post a Comment