Sunday, February 14, 2016

Challenge-A-Day Challenge #7: MicroManaging Meltdown

Try saying that three times fast!


Our microwave area was pretty disgusting. I'll be the first to admit it.
However, it was certainly not today's original project.

That is, not until yesterday afternoon when the kids added Leftover Pizza to the lunch menu.
Logan instructed Julianne to microwave her slice for 40 seconds exactly.

Exactly (give or take) 4 minutes later, Julianne trekked nervously across the downstairs to inform me that her pizza slice was "taking a very very long time."
Just then it beeped, and all was well.... or not...



A swarm of shuffling, stomping feet accompanied the many little mouths that rushed back into the living room to inform me about the horror of the "exploded pizza." Doubtful about the actual, unexaggerated magnitude of the situation, I took my sweet time arriving at the crime scene. 

I admit that I was quick to blame Julianne, accusing her of setting the timer to 4 minutes by mistake, but after disposing of the blackened pizza slice permanently adhered to its cracked and splintered platter and beginning the unpleasant task of scrubbing down the ensuing splatter, the belly of the beast began to fall apart and I was eventually forced to come to terms with its inevitable demise.


Happily, it has since been replaced with a slightly updated, though nearly identical, version of the original. And since I was too thoroughly disgusted by the dark, sticky (and thankfully bug-free) mess of who-knows-what that lay beneath it, all you have to look at today is clutter... and cleanliness.

No comments:

Post a Comment