Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Challenge-A-Day Challenge #3: Valentiming

Every year I go a little bit overboard with the fancy homemade valentines.

It's hard to explain exactly why I put myself through this, but I think if I had to pinpoint one specific reason it would be Time Urgency. I always feel this sense of time slipping away with my children. Some days I look at them and think, "Aren't these kids getting any older yet? I could have sworn Logan was at least 10 by now,) but it's the other days that really motivate me;

The days when I look at them and say, cliche though it may be, "Where was I when they starting growing up so fast?!" They only have so many years to deliver valentine's before the teachers stop sending home class lists and sparkly shoe boxes and the kids stop flipping eagerly through magazines pointing out Pinterest-worthy designs that are way over Mama's head. 
(Logan actually found his on the Target website this year. They're not terribly complicated to make and I was duly impressed with his technological savvy.)

I've decided to allow myself a very generous 3 whole days to complete these valentine projects; you know, because I have to make valentines for 3 whole kids this year. However, since I failed to move beyond the mental planning stage (a very lengthy stage involving doing little more than turning the darn thing over in my head repeatedly and occasionally beating myself up for spending so much time pondering the challenge and none doing any actual work) for a number of weeks, I just finally started digging in to it today. The school Valentine's Day festivities are slated for Thursday owing to a poorly-timed in-service day on Friday, so if you don't count Thursday morning when all of these items will hopefully be en route to school, I should find myself completing this challenge AHEAD OF SCHEDULE - a surprising and energizing FIRST!





Update: Challenge 3, Day 2

Finite!


Homemade Valentine's (and additional treats) are finally a GO!







I adore them, but I can't wait to get them out the door.



No comments:

Post a Comment